1. Ran heuristic evaluation on the merchandiser app to understand the usability issues.
  2. Led user interviews to further dig deeper into the merchandiser mental model and user needs.
  3. Redesigned the route flow for merchandiser where they could now add stops which were off schedule and it would get recorded automatically instead of them doing it manually.
  4. Designed the Merchandiser dashboard with his tasks, progress and goal targets.
  5. Designed a calendar view for merchandizers to view and plan their upcoming days and weeks in advance.


Collaborated with 2 junior designers, the director of product, product owners, developers, and business analysts.


Competitive analysis | User surveys and one-on-one interviews | Quantitative Analysis | Personas | User journeys | Task Analysis | Site map

Low-fidelity wireframes | High-fidelity mockups and prototypes | Usability Testing and Findings


Redesigned the eoTouch Merchandizer app to solve the problem statement and enhance the overall experience.



At eoStar I was leading the redesign, for three of their mobile apps - eoTouch Delivery , eoTouch Merchandizer and eoTouch Presell

eoTouch Merchandiser is a mobile application designed to assist merchandisers with ensuring shelves are stocked and sales incentives are in place. eoTouch Merchandiser can operate on either Android or iOS devices.

This product was built with an engineering first approach and as the needs of the users expanded and Eostar getting more customer, it got treated as a requirement based problem solving without holistically looking at the entire product. It also lacked latest UX trends.

Customer feedback and KPI's suggested that merchandiser were spending a lot of time at each customer to complete all their tasks. There were also many adhoc tasks being added to their list as their supervisor kept calling them to update it.
The number of tickets being raised due inconsistency also was high.

All these reasons led to a product audit and resulted in a proposed redesign and migration from iOS to android.


Supply chain management consists of a number of user groups who are constantly communicating and collaborating with each other. This product was aimed to cater in one of the user groups - THE MERCHANDISERS.

Some of the tasks performed by merchandisers are -

  1. Fill shelves, displays, coolers with products from stock in the retailer’s backroom.
  2. Build and maintain product displays and equipment placements in compliance with company standards.
  3. Maintain appropriate product inventory levels in beverage sections and throughout accounts including shelf allocation and cold equipment ensuring no out of stock product and minimizing trade break, damage and loss.
  4. Place timely, accurate orders per ad calendar to maintain inventory levels.
  5. Adjust orders based on influencing factors.
  6. Manage back stock inventory levels and trade breakage in assigned account.
  7. Organize backroom inventory in an ordered manner


Some insights received regarding the product.

  1. Constant high volume of tickets.
  2. A lot of data discrepancy between the driver app and eoStar ERP.
  3. Low customer adoption rate. The customers used third party integration to eoStar ERP for Merchandizing.

These insights led to product audit and hence a proposed redesign.


  1. Collaborated with 7 customers.
  2. Conducted user interviews and design sessions with over 13 merchandizers from these customers.
  3. Built personas, user journey maps and task flows to understand the pain points.
  4. Analyzed all the raised tickets.
  5. Before redesign, laid out the entire app in the form of screenshots to understand the different modules and data dependency across the app and with Eostar ERP


  1. Most tickets were being raised due to users not understanding how to perform certain tasks and they were mostly customer service calls.
  2. After laying out the app, there were a number of redundancies across the app.
  3. Certain related actions were places in different part so the app leading to users going back and forth in between the task.
  4. They were unable to see past and future routes and tasks.



These wireframes played a vital role in enhancing the user experience as it went through several rounds of customer interviews and iterations.

I also used wireframes as an early feedback mechanism tool for usability test.


The various modules were UX approved, and ready for further refinement, visual deign and prototyping.

I had started building a brand new design system for eoStar and updated with components as we when went through the visual design stages.

The new product looked and functioned much more cohesively and with an enhanced user experience, catering to all the diverse customer feedback and customer needs.



The redesign resulted in -

  1. 19% increase in customers within 3 months
  2. 40% less tickets raised due to onboarding customer in a more organized manner with training.



Back to All Projects
Go to the Top